Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nursery Closet Dividers

As my due date draws closer, i've discovered i've become a bit psychotic as far as random things that i decide NEED TO BE DONE as in all at once, right now, not tomorrow etc. Pete actually said to me last night "aren't you supposed to be more tired in your 3rd trimester? Everything i've read said you're supposed to and that you'll sleep more but you're the opposite" Yes Pete, i've gone crazy. Doesn't mean i'm not tired, becuase I am, my brain just doesn't have a shut off button anymore.

On Pinteresst (of course) i found a project for organizing the hanging clothes in the baby closet, SOOOO necessary right? :) I of course believed it to be so last weekend i made a little project of it. I went to my #1 go to store lately, Hobby Lobby where they will pretty soon know me by name, and bought my items:

- foam circles
- scrapbook paper (because who ever has enough of that stuff??)
- x-acto knife
- Mod Podge glue

I glued two foam circles together, just to make it a little thicker and sturdier, not really necessary though.
I then began tracing the scrapbook paper i had bought so they fit on the circles.

I used my trustworthy Mod Podge and glued the paper to the foam circles and let it dry overnight. Which was torture becuase i just wanted to finish it at once. Oh well!
The next day i cut out letters/numbers with my trustworthy Cricut machine. Instead of doing Newborn, 0-3, 3-6 etc. i skipped newborn since they don't wear them long anyway! I did 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 months.

I used my little glue dots that i use when scrapbooking and stuck them on the circles which was VERY time consuming.
Then i took the x-acto knife and cut out circles in the middle of each of them so they would fit on my clothing pole in the closet. Yes, i did measure before doing so :)

Here's the finished product! Maybe the flowery looking one is too girly but i don't care :) i loved the colors and pattern of it!


Have I gone crazy? Maybe....but whatever keeps the next 7 weeks going, consider it a project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment